The NSW Government’s Export Assistance Grant program provides reimbursement to eligible businesses to help them recover from the impacts of COVID-19, bushfires and drought on their international markets and is open to Wagyu businesses in NSW.
Reimbursement of 50% of eligible expenses incurred since 1 January 2020 through to 30 September 2020, up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible business is available for current or previously exporting businesses enabling access to new or re-entering previous markets.
Funding is available for export marketing and development activities, such as market research, participation in international tradeshows and trade missions, inbound business support, e-commerce development and marketing materials.
This grant helps eligible export businesses in NSW access global markets. Funds can be used for:
- marketing materials
- website internationalisation
- pivoting to online delivery (for example, converting face-to-face training content to online content for international audiences)
- e-commerce development
- market research
- international tradeshow and trade missions
- inbound business support
- costs to support compliance/localisation of products for export
- costs to protect business in international markets.
The link below outlines the grant and contains an application link.
You can submit either one application up to the maximum of $10,000 or multiple applications of a minimum of $2000 per application each, totalling a maximum of $10,000.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be based in NSW
- be registered with an ABN and be registered for GST as at 1 August 2019
- be currently exporting, or were exporting prior to the impacts of COVID-19, bushfires or drought
- employ a minimum of 3 full-time equivalent workers at the time of application
- own the goods/services to be exported, or be able to provide documented evidence that you are the agreed export supplier
- produce the goods/services to be exported in Australia, or be able to provide documented evidence that the business provides substantial value to NSW
- be an exporting business with an annual turnover of:
- up to $100 million, or
- greater than $100 million that can demonstrate export turnover has declined by more than 30% in the 2019–2020 financial year and have an intention to re-establish your export business in your established markets and/or diversify into new markets.
Note: If you have applied for the Australian Government’s Export Market Development Grant (EMDG), you may still be eligible for the export assistance grant. Conditions apply, see the guidelines for more information.
You can contact Rob Harrison, Senior Export Adviser, Trade and Investment on 0401 710 600 or email email@example.com